7/2/15

June Wrap-Up!

Summer has only just begun and it's insanely hot in my part of the world!  We're already up over 30 degrees (Celsius) for all of this week, and there's nothing but sunshine and incredible heat forecasted for the next two weeks.  Although I do enjoy being able to spend time outside with Marko, I'm not a fan of crazy heat.  I'd prefer low 20s with a breeze.  I'm sure that I'm going to blink and this whole summer will be behind us though, so I'm going to just enjoy each day as it comes.

The Books

Books Read: 9 (Home Front, A Court of Thorns and Roses, Forever Interrupted and Obsidian)
Of these books, three were books off my shelves (although recently acquired) and one was an audio book from the library.

Books Acquired: None!
I have acquired a total of 23 books so far this year, and have already read 10 of them, plus I've read half of two more (a bind-up and my current read, Saint Anything).  I'm not planning to acquire any more books over the summer (although who knows!) and will be saving my pennies for A Queen of Shadows in September.

The Challenges

Prequel & Sequel Challenge: None, but I started two more series!
Flights of Fantasy: 1 more books read (A Court of Thorns and Roses) for a total of 8 books so far!
TBR Challenge: I read books off my shelves this month, but all were recently acquired, so I'm holding strong at 13 books so far this year.

The Blog

Last month, I decided to finally figure out how many TBR books I own.  The first three posts included standalones that I need to readseries I need to finish and series I need to start, and this month I shared two posts about my read books (series and standalones).  Then I crunched the numbers to find out how many read and unread books were on my shelves.  You can click on the link to see the full post, but the short version is that I own 336 books, 200 of which are read!  I was actually surprised to find out that I have 136 unread books on my shelves -- I honestly thought that the number would be much, much higher.

Putting those posts together burned me out a bit, and the rest of the month was pretty quiet here on the blog.  I shared two more On My Nightstand posts, and my top ten books on my summer TBR pile.

The Other Stuff

Honestly, June was just a month of awful car problems.  I drove to work one day and my car's engine shut off, almost like it had stalled, but without the lurch forward that usually accompanies a stall. I couldn't get it started again for a few minutes, until it finally did start and I drove the rest of the way with no issues.  Then, it happened again a few days later.  I took my car into the shop three times, and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.  Then, my husband was out in the car and it fully died on him and he had to have it towed in.  Finally, they replaced some kind of sensor, which fixed the problem.  Then a week later, it died again (on my poor husband again!) and had to be towed into the shop!  This time, it was the fuel pump, which wasn't a cheap repair.

I also got pulled over for the very first time and was given a ticket by the rudest police officer I have ever had the displeasure of meeting.  Then, the next day, I witnessed a car accident that happened right in front of me when I was waiting at a red light.  And the following day, I was rear-ended!  I wanted to wrap myself in bubble wrap and refuse to leave the house.

Work is insanely busy at the moment and will be for the coming weeks.  Our marketing coordinator resigned and, while the company takes the time to find a replacement, all of the marketing tasks are my responsibility.  I have a couple of co-workers that will be helping me out, but it's going to be a lot more work on my plate over the next few weeks.  At least I can bank my overtime and turn it into a few well-deserved days off with my hubby and my little boy towards the end of August.

What's happened in your life this past month?  Do you hate car trouble as much as I do?  Have you read anything interesting lately?  Let's chat in the comments below, and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs