8/1/15

August TBR -- I Need Your Help!

I love to make TBRs, whether it's lists, piles or jars -- even though I almost always change my mind about what I want to read mere minutes after I finish making the list!  They're just so fun to put together!  So, here's my tentative pile for August -- but I need your help in making some choices, so please help me out in the comments below!


In June, I created a mini-TBR for myself based on the categories for the TBR Takedown challenge, which I'd seen around the blogosphere.  I actually completed all five challenges (although not exactly the original books that I'd picked) and it was kind of fun!  In August, there's another challenge going on (although I forget which one!) so I thought I'd make a monthly TBR based on these topics.  Of course, this is for a week-long readathon, but I'm not able to read 7 books in one week, so I'm aiming for 7 books over the month!  Realistic, I think!

1. Read a book with blue on the cover.
I just picked up Kimberly Brubaker Bradley's The War that Saved My Life from the library, after reading Brie @ A Slice of Brie's rave review!  It's been a loooong time since I read a middle grade novel, but I'm excited to check this one out!

2. Read a book by an author whose last name starts with the same letter as yours.
My last name starts with the letter R, and I've been itching to pick up After I Do, ever since I read Forever, Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins Reid a month or so ago.  Plus, this book has a blue cover as well, so it'll also work with the previous challenge.

3. Read someone else's favourite book.
Erin Lindsay McCabe's I Shall Be Near to You instantly went on my TBR list when I saw how much Lauren @ Lose Time Reading and Cass @ The Casserole LOVED this book last year.  It's been sitting on my bookshelf since Christmas, and I can't wait to dive in.

4. Read the last book you acquired.
I recently picked up The War that Saved My Life from the library, as well as Sarah Rees Brennan's Unspoken.  I'm excited to read both books, and can count either one for this challenge.

5. Finish a book without letting go of it.
Since I don't have the luxury of reading a book in one sitting anymore, I'm not sure that I'll get to this challenge!

6. Read a book you really want to read.
This is where I need your help guys!  The whole stack of books on the left hand side are ones that have been calling my name from the shelf for a while.  Black Iris I bought on impulse a couple of weeks ago, and have been dying to read ever since.  I want to read the rest of the Lux series, and all the other books are the first book in a series.  If I love the first book, I'm going to have to buy the rest of the series, and I've been itching to buy some more books lately, so I feel like I should start a new series, and then have a good excuse to purchase some new titles.  So, where should I start?

7. Read seven books.
This will be a stretch, but I think I can do it!

What's on your reading radar for this month?  Any suggestions on which book(s) I should read first?  Let me know in the comments below!

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. I know, without a doubt, that you will love The War that Saved My life. Plus, as it's middle grade, it's a pretty quick read! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs