8/20/15

On My Nightstand - August 20

Although I'm not really writing reviews these days, On My Nightstand is a weekly-ish feature that allows me to share what I'm currently reading, some thoughts on what I just finished reading and what's coming up next from my TBR pile!

Recently shelved as read:

I finished Onyx, the second book in Jennifer L. Armentrout's Lux series, and I really enjoyed it!  I'll definitely carry on with the series, and I really enjoy the fact that the main character is a blogger.  Such a fun addition to the story!

I also finished Amy Poehler's Yes Please on audio, which was super fun!  There were funny moments and lots of heartwarming moments (especially the mommy ones) and I enjoyed almost all of it.  There were a few name-dropping sections of the book which, as I haven't watched Parks and Recreation, I didn't really understand.  But on the whole, a very enjoyable read.

On my nightstand:

I've decided to dive head first into George R.R. Martin's A Feast of Crows, alternating between the audio and the print versions.  I have the audiobook for three weeks, and figure that I can finish this beast of a book if I read 37 pages per day (thanks to Debby @ Snuggly Oranges for inspiring me to tackle this series in this manner!)

Since this hefty fantasy can be a bit daunting, I also picked up Sophie Kinsella's Finding Audrey from the library.

Just to keep things interesting, I also started another memoir, I Am Malala on audio during my commute.  It's my book club's September pick, and I wanted to read it now to leave time for Queen of Shadows next month!

Calling my name from the shelf:

I haven't touched my review books this month, as I had hoped to, but I may tackle one or two in between chapters of A Feast For Crows.  I'd still like to read one more book from my very ambitious August TBR before the end of the month -- suggestions anyone?

How about you?  What are you reading this week!  Let's chat in the comments below and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs