8/4/15

Reading Habits Tag

I saw this one over a Quinn's Book Nook too (seriously, she gets tagged to do all the awesome ones!) and, although I wasn't tagged, I thought this looked like lots of fun!
Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
I usually just read on the couch in my living room, or in bed before falling asleep.
Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I used to work in a bookstore, and I still have tons of the freebie bookmarks that we handed out with every book purchased.  They're perfect for bookmarks because they're thin and not too tall (I don't like using a massive bookmark in a smaller book because it always hangs out the end of the book and gets rumpled).  Years ago, I used to always use bookmarks with tassels and sometimes I miss those.  I think I need to find an awesome new tasselled bookmark that I can rock.

Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/a certain amount of pages?
I try to always try to finish to the end of the chapter, unless I can barely keep my eyes open!

Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
I can't watch TV while reading, but my husband will often be watching the sports highlights or playing a video game, so it doesn't bother me to have the TV playing in the background.  In terms of music though, I don't usually read with music, but if I had to, it couldn't be anything with words.

One book at a time or several at once?
I used to always, always read one book at a time, but lately it seems like I have no less than five currently reading books on Goodreads!  I would like to try to get back into the habit of reading one at a time.

Reading at home or everywhere?
I do most of my reading at home, but also in the lunchroom at work and whenever I can sneak in a page or two (like walking from my car to work, listening to an audiobook on my drive or even waiting for the elevator!)

Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Definitely in my head, although I used to read out loud to my husband when we took road trips in the summer.  I've also been known to read aloud whenever I read a book where the accent 

Do you read ahead or skip pages?
If I hit a slowish plot part in a book, I have been known to skim rather than reading each and every word, but I won't skip ahead or skip pages.

Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I'm not too concerned about keeping my books looking new, but I don't break the spines.  My books get toted around in my purse while I'm reading them, so the covers often get a bit banged up, but otherwise I do treat them gently.

Do you write in your books?
Nope!  I did in my school books, so I have an anthology of Shakespeare that I wrote in all over the margins while my professor was lecturing.  I don't write in the books I read for fun, just for school.

If you've participated in this tag, feel free to leave me a link to your post -- I'd love to see your answers!  If you haven't participated, feel free to consider yourself tagged -- this was such a fun bunch of questions to answer!

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs