9/15/15

Ten Finished Series I Have YET to Finish


Top Ten Tuesday is, as always, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  I participated in this Top Ten Tuesday topic back in 2012, and it was interesting to look back at my list of unfinished series.  As of now, there's only two of those ten series that I actually have finished and, now that my reading tastes have shifted quite a bit, there's a few of those series that I don't think I'll ever finish!  This post was actually supposed to go up last week, but I didn't finish it in time -- oops!

1. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
This series is making yet another list -- I need to just finish this already.

2. The Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle Hodkin
I own all three books, but have only read the first one.  This series will be on my fall TBR for SURE!

3. His Fair Assassin Trilogy by Robin LaFevers
I read Grave Mercy earlier this year, and own the rest of the books, but haven't read 'em yet.  Soon, SOON!

4. Something Strange & Deadly by Susan Dennard
When I started drafting this post, I had just started reading the first book, and added this series to the list; however, now that I've finished the book, I'm not sure that I'll actually finish this series.  I liked it, but didn't love it, and I'm on the fence about reading on.

5. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
This is another series that I'm not 100% committed to finishing, as I'm only halfway through the first book.  It's good, but not amazing, but I actually do own the entire series, so I think I'll definitely try to read them all.

6. Everneath Trilogy by Brodi Ashton
I absolutely adored the first book, but have picked up the next two from the library (and returned them unread) TWICE now.

7. Pure Trilogy by Julianna Baggot
Same goes for this series, although I only have Burn left to read.  I've even paid late fines on this book, and have borrowed it an embarrassing number of times!

8. UnWind Series by Neale Shusterman
Again, I adored the first book and own the rest of this four-book series.  I'm thinking that I might tackle this one in October this year.

9. Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I've read the first two books this year, and just picked up the second bind-up.  If I don't get to this one next year, it'll be early in 2016 for sure!

10. The Cemetery of Forgotten Books Series by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
I read The Shadow of the Wind on my honeymoon in 2011, and own the other two books in hardcover, but just haven't picked them up yet.  My challenge with series is often that the longer I wait after reading the first book, the more unlikely I am to come back to the series.  Anyone else in the same boat?

POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. i still need to start the Infernal Devices series - been meaning to forever! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy the rest of the Unwind series and the last book in the Pure trilogy. Graceling and The Mara Dyer trilogy are both on my TBR.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/15/top-ten-tuesday-22/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs