9/1/15

Top Ten Authors That I've Read The Most Books From


Top Ten Tuesday is, as always, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Today's topic is a freebie, and I was bummed that I missed out on posting this a few weeks ago, so better late than never!  I'm going to exclude the obvious ones from my childhood (Francine Pascal, Ann M. Martin, Carolyn Keene, etc.) and focus on authors that I have read in the last 20ish years.

This list took an incredibly long time to piece together, as I scrolled through all of

1. James Patterson - 41 Books
I'm not surprised that this is my #1 read author, but I am surprised at this super high number!  I don't read his books at all anymore (as I shared last year) but these are definitely some of the defining reads of my 20s.

2. Cecily von Ziegesar - 26 Books
Although I didn't finish the It Girl series (my library didn't have any more at the time), I've read almost everything she's written!

3. Margaret Atwood & Jodi Picoult - 14 Books Each
I have some of Margaret's Atwoods books left on my TBR, but I feel like she requires a lot of time and mental commitment, neither of which I have right now =P  I have loved almost everything of hers that I've read so far.  Jodi's latest books have been a bit disappointing, but I have a couple of her older titles on my shelf.

4. Sophie Kinsella & Francesca Lia Block - 12 Books Each
Two very different authors!  I've read most of Sophie's books, and love them especially when I feel like a funny chick lit book with heart.  I haven't read any Francesca Lia Block books in years, but I devoured her beautiful writing in my late teens/early 20s.

5. Sarah Dessen & Stephen King - 10 Books Each
Again, two very different authors!  I've read all but one of Sarah's books, but only a few of King's vast collection.

6. Sara Shepard - 11 Books
I almost didn't include Sara on this list because I don't like her books anymore, but the reality of the situation is that I read a lot of her books prior to coming to that decision.

7. Jennifer Weiner & P.C. Cast - 9 Books Each
I still love Jennifer's books, but have given up on the House of Night series.

8. Janet Evanovich, Nicholas Sparks, Colleen Hoover - 8 Books Each
I binge read the first 7 books in Janet's Stephanie Plum series before burning out and not liking the next book of hers that I picked up.  I'm not the biggest Nicholas Sparks fan, but I'm surprised that I've read so many!  And Colleen Hoover -- need I say more?  I wish she'd written more.

9 J.R. Ward, J.K. Rowling, Lauren Oliver, Stephanie Meyer, Ann Brashares, Laurie Halse Anderson and Cassandra Clare - 7 Books Each
I still have to finish the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, so J.R. Ward's numbers will go higher.  I'm not sure if I'll ever pick up more books by Stephanie Meyer, but I still have unread books by Lauren Oliver and Cassandra Clare that I want to read ASAP.  I have such fond memories of Ann Brashare and Laurie Halse Anderson's works that I know I'll read anything that these ladies write.

10. Julie Kagawa & Maureen Johnson - 6 Books Each
It's funny that both these ladies finish off the list, as I've basically decided that neither of them are on my favourites list, but it took me six books each to reach that understanding =P

And the runners up, with 5 books each...Sarah J. Maas, E. Lockhart, John Green, Emily Giffin and
Paulo Coehlo.

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs