1/3/16

2016 Challenge Sign-up


Of course, I'm participating in the Prequel & Sequel Challenge, co-hosted by Novel Heartbeat and myself (if you missed it -- sign up post is here!).  Last year, I was overconfident in my series reading abilities and picked Veteran.  I burned myself out on series reading halfway through the year and didn't make my goal.  I'm going to be more realistic this year and set my sights on Professional (76-100 points).  My goal is to try to finish more series that I'm close to finishing, which will hopefully rack up points quickly.


Last year, I didn't complete this challenge either.  I had set my sights on Sweet Summer Fling (31-40 points), but only ended up with 19 points.  Part of the struggle was the fact that I had promised to read all my new books as soon as I acquired them, which meant that I rarely returned to the older titles on my shelves.  This year, I'm going to keep my goal the same but I'm not pressuring myself to read my new books as soon as I buy them, which should mean that I can reach this goal.


I saw the "Around the Year in 52 Books" challenge pop up on Goodreads.  It's like PopSugar's challenge from last year; however, the categories seem to be more in line with what I read already, with a few that will push my reading out of my comfort zone a little.  I've also set my Goodreads reading challenge at 52 books (which I barely made this year, but that was including a two-month reading slump).  I'm not 100% confident that I can complete all of the categories in this challenge, but I'll consider it to be a success if I at least read 52 books this year.  I'll be posting updates on this challenge, and my two others, on the Reading Challenges page on my blog.

How about you?  Are you participating in any of the same reading challenges as me?  Let me know in the comments below =)

POST SIGNATURE

6 comments:

  1. i've just discovered this challenge and find it quite interesting but i've asked some questions to be sure i could enter it first ( in the other sign up post)

    i'm glad to follow you as well starting now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miki, I didn't see any questions on my sign-up post, so I'm guessing that it's on Jessi's blog? Feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you need anything further. Happy to have you joining us!

      Delete
  2. I did the Popsugar challenge last year and didn't complete all the categories either but I did read the number of books. This year, I am setting my sight on 100 books and doing Popsugar again - it's shorter this time.
    I'll check out this challenge and see if i can sign up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see the Popsugar challenge this year, but I'll have to check it out. I agree, last year's was super long!

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of the read in 2016 challenge yet, but I will check it out. I'm also joining prequel/sequel and TBR challenge. I'm hoping to narrow down my physical TBR this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's support each other in our goals to narrow down the physical TBR! I'm running out of room on my shelves, and hoping to give quite a few books a shot, even though I'm pretty sure my tastes have changed, just so that I can justify un-hauling them -- hee hee!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs