1/12/16

A Good Kind of Ending

Although the title of this post sounds a bit dramatic, this is a very happy post ... I promise!  As I have shared in a few posts lately, I have been in the worst reading slump of my life.  Without exaggerating, I have picked up and put down at least a dozen books over the past couple of months and nothing has inspired me to keep reading.  I've spent countless hours on the Internet, way too much time on YouTube and Netflix and far too little time blogging or reading.  It made me sad and very frustrated.

I'm not ready to share the specific details and likely won't ever fully divulge the whole story, but I went through a very personal struggle in the past couple of weeks and I realized that this was likely the cause of the reading slump.  Now that I'm on the other side of this struggle, I am able to reflect and see why this was causing my lack of attention and commitment when it came to reading and blogging, two very important parts of my life.

Then, I picked up Fairest by Marissa Meyer.  I wasn't expecting too much from this book, partly because of the reading slump and partly because it had received some mixed reviews.  The story immediately sucked me in and I gobbled up 100 pages in less than two days, which is the most that I've read in the past few months.  It feels great, and I'm so, so, SO happy to have reading back in my life again!  I'm already looking forward to reading Winter as soon as I'm done.  At the end of the year, I was feeling so guilty about seeing Winter and Six of Crows sitting on my shelves untouched because they were so highly anticipated but I was afraid to pick them up in case my reading slump tainted my reading experience.

I don't want to jinx myself and say that the slump is gone forever, but I'm hopeful and optimistic that I'm off to a better start this year.

POST SIGNATURE

4 comments:

  1. I hope everything's ok! And glad you've found your way out of your reading slump - I think those slumps happen to all of us, and it definitely sucks when you're in one. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Brie! Definitely better now, and looking forward to a long stretch of happy reading ahead =)

      Delete
  2. I went through a MAJOR reading slump last year. I had so much personal stuff going on that I didn't get a single book read. Hope everything is okay with you and glad you're getting back into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley, thanks for your kind message! So nice to know that I'm not alone in having personal stuff interfere with reading! Yes, everything's much better now, and I'm hopeful that the reading slump is gone for good =)

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs