1/25/16

Marko Monday [19]

I knew it had been a while since Marko had been featured on my blog, but had no idea that my last post was in October!  I suppose my reading slump had an effect on my enthusiasm for sharing picture books as well =P  In any case, HE'S BACK!

Without intending to, we had a very train-filled Christmas break.  We watched The Polar Express (which Marko ADORED) and then watched it four more times over the break.  We went to see the CPR Christmas Train which was a little scary because it was loud, but Marko loved every minute of it.  Then, we stumbled across Alphabet Trains at the library, which combined his newly discovered love of trains with his pre-existing love for the ABCs.  I have discovered a new reason to be appreciative of the library: the fact that the books need to go back...eventually.  Marko insisted that we read him this book every single night for our entire three-week loan period, and then asked where the book was when we came home from returning it.  I'm not sure that I'm ready to let him know about renewing books just yet =P  With that being said, this is a cute little book, covering a different kind of train for each letter of the alphabet.  It's got a good rhyme to it as well, so it's fun to read and the pictures are filled with strategically placed letters, both on the trains themselves and in the background.  If your little one is into trains, this is definitely a book worth checking out!


It's hard to believe that we're quickly approaching Marko's third birthday, but at the same time I'm amazed on a daily basis by how grown up he is.  Although he potty trained so well back in August, the past week has seen a few accidents, which just reminds me that he is just a toddler who's trying to master all these skills that we are teaching him.  We're working on big boy cups now too, and to encourage him to spend more time feeding himself at the table, rather than being distracted with toys while we shovel bites of food into his mouth.  It's a constant learning process as parents, as we figure out what works and what doesn't.  On the whole, I think he's turning out pretty well -- so we must be doing something right!

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs