1/21/16

Thursday Tracks - All of Me & Wonder


I've been changing things up a lot on the blog, and writing about things other than just books and reading.  While looking back through some older posts, I remembered participating in Tune in Tuesday when I first started this blog.  Although Ginger isn't hosting this meme anymore, I stumbled across Thursday Tracks at Gone with the Words.  I love how open and unstructured this meme is, and it's the perfect way to share another of my passions on the blog -- MUSIC!


This week, I thought that I'd pair a song with a favourite book.  Wonder by R.J. Palacio is one of my all-time favourites and a book that I think that everyone should read.  It's the story of Auggie, a boy who was born looking physically different, but inside just wants to be like everyone else.  Although he's always been homeschooled, he decides that he wants to go to public school and embarks on a journey of trying to fit into a world that has predefined ideas of what is considered "normal."  I honestly think that there would be no more bullying in the world if every single person read this book.  It's incredible, truly incredible.

The song that I've decided to pair with this song is John Legend's All of Me.  The first time I heard this song, it immediately gave me goosebumps.  These lyrics completely connect with Auggie's experience in Wonder:
'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections.



POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. Great pairing! Yes, everyone should read this book! It should also be part of schools' curriculums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should start a campaign to make Wonder mandatory reading in schools =P

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs