1/18/16

Top 16 Books to Read in 2016

As I've mentioned before, I've been watching a lot of BookTube videos, especially when I was in the most epic reading slump of my life.  One of the things that I've really enjoyed was watching everyone's lists of 16 books to read in 2016.  Although I've always done the Top Ten Tuesday seasonal TBR lists, I also like the idea of making a list of 16 books that I will try my best to read during the coming year.  It seems more do-able to read this list over the months ahead, rather than compiling a list to read in three short months.  For inspiration, I looked back over my seasonal TBR posts, and found the books that made an appearance over and over again, but were never read, as well as a few series enders (gotta rock those challenges this year!) and some books that I just know I will read this year.  So, without further ado, here goes...

1. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
This book has made an appearance on THREE seasonal TBR lists.  I think this year I'm going to re-read Clockwork Angel on audiobook, because I honestly can't remember anything about the story, which is probably the reason why I never picked up this book.

2. Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
Another book that has been on three seasonal TBR lists.  I know that I'll love it but I just need to read it.

3. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie Maguire
I started this book before Queen of Shadows arrived last year, but never picked it back up again.  It was okay, but might be a fun summer read.

4. The Young Elites by Marie Lu
I started this last year, but it got really sunny and warm in the spring and the storyline seemed too dark and fall-esque, so I set it aside.  I tried to pick it up again during my reading slump, but I'd definitely like to finish it this year.  I loved the Legend series, and I'm sure that I'll love this one too!

5. The Moon & More by Sarah Dessen
I can't believe that this book has been sitting on my shelf for so long, since I've read every other book that Sarah has written!  I think it was the mixed reviews that put me off picking it up, but having lower expectations may also pay off?

6. Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas
Another one that's been sitting on my shelf collecting dust for a few years, and I'm sure it'll be a great fall read!

7. The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
I read, and loved, The Shadow of the Wind in 2011 but haven't picked up the rest of his books yet, even though I own them both.

8. Bedtime Story by Rob Wiersema
My parents bought me his latest book for Christmas, but I've had Bedtime Story sitting on my shelves for YEARS.

9. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
I know I'm going to read this in 2016, since I wanted to read it last and didn't get to it.

10. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
This book scares me a little bit, since it's fantasy and so beloved by its readership.  Like Throne of Glass, I was a little nervous that I'd be the one person who didn't like the series, but I'm also excited about finding another fantasy series to love with all my heart!

11. The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
I saw this book on A Slice of Brie's recent post, which reminded me that I was excited about reading it when I picked it up last year.

12. Burn by Julianna Baggott
I've talked about finishing this series so much on this blog, and this year it's going to happen.  Last year, I finally checked the Delirium series off the list, and this year it feels like the Pure trilogy will be meeting the same fate!

13. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
I'm not promising to finish this book, but I'd at least like to give it a try.  I bought it when I first started blogging, so it's been almost four years unread on my shelves.  

14. Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Last year, I read my first JLA book (Obsidian) and I liked it!  I've had Half-Blood sitting on my shelves for years and it's time to try this series.

15. Past Perfect by Leila Sales
I read, and loved, This Song Will Save Your Life, and have been eyeing this one on my shelf ever since.

16. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Another series that will be finished this year -- I read most of it last year, but will definitely check it off the list this year.

POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. *high pitched squealing* Unravelling is one of my favourites, and the sequel is TO DIE FOR. I need to do a reread this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just KNEW that you'd comment on this post! I'm so ready to tack this duology this year, after putting it off for so long!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs