7/6/16

Reading Challenges - Halfway Point!



Goal: Professional (76-100 points)

Books Read:

  • Fairest by Marissa Meyer (+1)
  • Winter by Marissa Meyer (+12)
  • Stars Above (+2)
  • A Feast for Crows (+2)
  • The Retribution of Mara Dyer (+12)
  • Clockwork Prince (+2)
  • Clockwork Princess (+12)
  • A Court of Mist and Fury (+2)
Total so far: 45

I'm more than halfway there!  And with my Harry Potter re-read, it should be a snap to wrap-up this challenge this year.  I'm super glad that I picked a lower level than last year, since I don't feel too badly about taking the summer to enjoy some sensational standalones.


Goal: Sweet Summer Fling (31-40 points)

Books Read:

  • Fairest by Marissa Meyer
  • Winter by Marissa Meyer
  • Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
  • Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
  • The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
  • A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin
  • Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
  • The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  • Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
  • Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
  • Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Total so far: 12

I need to pick up the pace with this challenge, since I've read quite a few new releases this year, or books that I hadn't had on my TBR (mainly book club picks).  I've only read four of the 16 books that I had planned to read in 2016 so, if I can finish this list, that'll add another 12 points to the list and bring me closer to my goal.  

Around the Year in 52 Books Challenge (from Goodreads)

This list is long and messy, but I've completed 28 out of the 52 challenges thus far.  These are the ones that are still outstanding:

5. A book with a title beginning with the 1st letter of your name
7. A book about books
8. A classic book with less than 200 pages
10. A book by an author you feel you should have read by now
11. A book from the Rory Gilmore challenge
12. A childhood classic
13. Reader’s Choice
16. A book from the top 100 mystery novels
21. A book from the Goodreads Recommendations page
25. A book whose main character is in a profession that interests you
29. A book by an author who writes under more than one name
30. A fairytale from a culture other than your own
32. A historical fiction book
33. The 16th book on your TBR 
35. An award winning book
36. An identity book - a book about a different culture, religion or sexual orientation
37. A book that you've seen the movie of but haven't read
40. A novella from your favorite genre
41. A book about a major world event (fiction or non-fiction)
45. A book related to a hobby or passion you have
46. A crime story 
47. A book with a type of food/drink in the title
48. A dystopia
50. A book originally written in a language other than English

It's not an impossible list, but I'm not 100% sure that I'll be able to complete them all.  There's a lot of historical fiction left to read, and not many left on my TBR, not to mention the fact that I'm not super keen on reading mystery novels.  We'll see.  I'll definitely be meeting my Goodreads goal of reading 52 books, but they may not be the 52 challenges on this list =P

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. You seem to be on track! That's great!

    I'm a little behind on my own personal YA list but hoping to make that up in the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs