10/7/16

Book Haul [29] - It's Been A While!

Holy smokes, my last book haul was in June!  I need to get back to doing these more regularly, since it's hard to remember which books I've acquired since my last haul!  Here goes...

From my OTSP Secret Sister, Amanda @ Books, Brains and Brawn

I was SUPER excited to receive my last package from Amanda and learn that she was my secret sister.  Although I had a guess, I was completely wrong.  I also loved the way she revealed her identity.  She had coloured a picture of Dobby and posted it on Twitter, saying that her OTSP Secret Sister would be receiving it.  As soon as I opened the package, I gasped because I knew she was my sister!  We've had fun chatting back and forth on Twitter and Instagram, and I love that I still have a few unread books that she sent me so that I can share my thoughts with her in the coming months.

For my last package, she sent me a copy of Quidditch Through the Ages.  I had never really planned to read these books but, after starting my re-read of the series and gobbling up Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, I am craving all things Harry Potter.  Definitely picking this one up this year, or early next year.  And, of course, I can't wait to colour my Harry Potter colouring books!

The previous package was equally incredible, and contained two signed books!  An ARC of Firsts (which I've already read and it was awesome), as well as a book that Amanda RAVED about, Exit Pursued by a Bear.  I had planned to pick up Exit in the summer, but got distracted with something else.  I'll definitely try to read it soon!

From my new Secret Sister:

Hard to believe that we're already two months into the new round!  My secret sister has already sent two packages.  The first one included 99 Days by Katie Cotugno, which I read as a review book last year, but wanted to add to my collection since I loved it so much.  My co-worker was immediately intrigued by the premise and asked to borrow it.  I love sharing beloved books with others.

My second package included a colouring book, so I really need to step up my colouring game!  I already have four colouring books, but have only coloured one so far.  I think popping in an audiobook and colouring for a while in the evenings while my hubby watches sports would be a good way to unwind in the evening, so I'll definitely give this a shot once hockey season starts (and our TV is on for extended periods in the evening!)

Purchased:

1. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling
On release day, because DUH.

2. Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
Haven't read this yet, no spoilers!  Although I was so excited to have it in my hands, I'm going to save this one for a little bit, maybe even until early 2017.  It'll make the wait less painful for the last book.

3. Burning Kingdoms by Lauren DeStefano
I picked up the first book in this series last year, and haven't read it yet.  I needed a cheap book to add to my order in order to qualify for free shipping, so I grabbed this one.  Strangely enough, they actually shipped the books separately -- silly Chapters!

4. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
My book club picked this for our October meeting -- I've heard great things, and I'm excited to bring it on the plane with me this week!

Ebooks:

It is embarrassing how many e-books I have bought in the last few months, although I actually did read a couple of ebooks over the summer.  I'm already planning to make a bookish resolution to tackle my ebook TBR next year -- it's starting to topple!

1. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
2. Before We Were Strangers by Renee Carlino
3. P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han (and read it too!)
4. The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
5. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
6. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
7. He Will Be My Ruin by K.A. Tucker
8. Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland
9. Shadowlands by Kate Brian
10. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
11. Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
12. Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

See anything that I should bump to the top of my reading pile?  What's new on your shelves?  Let's chat in the comments, and thank you for stopping by =)

POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. You got a lot of great books! I really love the idea of the secret sister. I should look into it. It sounds like so much fun. I really liked Exit, Pursued by a Bear. I can't wait to hear what you think of it. Jellicoe Road is one of my favorites! It's an amazing book. I really like Sea of Tranquility too. I'm excited to see Walk on Earth a Stranger on your list! :) Enjoy all those new books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The secret sister project is a lot of fun, and I feel like it helped me to be more active in the blogging community! I'm excited that so many of your favourites are on my list!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs