11/28/16

On My Nightstand - November 28

Recently shelved as read:

It's been a few weeks since I've shared one of these posts and, in that time, I've finished quite a few books.  The Hating Game and The Nightingale are two that stick out in my memory though.  I was set on plowing through the rest of The Young Elites series, but after watching so much depressing American election coverage and news, I opted for a lighter read.  I devoured The Hating Game, and loved it so, so much.  It's been a while since a contemporary really grabbed me like that, and it was sweet and funny and witty and romantic, and absolute perfection.

Brie @ A Slice of Brie read The Nightingale a few months, and raved about how incredible the book was, but how it left her a sobbing mess at the end.  I had had this one on my TBR for quite a while, and decided that now was the time to pick it up.  You guys, I was crying during the FIRST CHAPTER.  This book was incredible from cover to cover and it absolute tore my heart out.  If you haven't picked this one up and you love a good WWII story, or a story about two sisters who couldn't be more different, then please pick this up.

I also finished Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince on my drive home from work today.  I'm not sure that my heart is ready to jump into the final book, but I'm determined to finish my re-read of the series this year.

On my nightstand:


I'm slowly savouring Crooked Kingdom.  I chose this book for Tome Topple, and I'm not sure if I'll finish it by Friday, but we'll see.  It's been excellent so far, but my evenings have consisted of online furniture shopping and house-related discussions with hubby, with little reading.  Hopefully, I'll find the time to finish this one soon.


I went to this open house BBQ thing for work over the summer, and met a nice lady who was chatting about books with me.  She told me how she'd just listened to her first audio book, and what she had thought of it, and then gave me the audiobook because she didn't plan to reread it.  I've been meaning to pick this up for a few months now, and thought I'd give it a listen between Harry Potter books while I let my heart recover a little from the ending.

Calling my name from the shelf:

In all honesty, I don't know WHAT to read next!  I've put P.S. I Love You on hold at the library, which will be one of two remaining reads for the Around the Year in 52 Books challenge.  Other than that, I've packed almost all of my books, and just kept out a couple of choices for when I finish Crooked Kingdom.  I'm thinking either Heartless or Empire of Storms.  Any suggestions?

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs