12/24/16

#Bookmas - Top 12 Reads of 2016

#Bookmas is a Christmas video/blog/Instagram challenge hosted by Hailey @ Hailey in Bookland.  I love recapping my favourite reads.  This list was incredibly hard to compile, as I read so many great reads this year!

1. Harry Potter & the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling
This book received a lot of mixed reviews and, while it wasn't as amazing as the rest of the series, I'm still so grateful that I got to experience one more book set in this incredible world.  I also reread the series on audio this year, which was an incredible experience in itself.  So much love for this world and these characters, so this book just had to top my list.

2. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
I picked up this book on a whim after seeing that Alyssa @ Swept Away By Books loved it, and when I needed something light to read during the American election.  I haven't been blown away by a contemporary novel in a while, but this book did just that.

3. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
I liked, but didn't love, A Court of Thorns and Roses when I read it last year.  I couldn't remember a thing about the book, so I decided to reread it on audio this year, and then dove into ACOMAF.  I devoured the book and absolutely LOVED it.  I'm already counting down the minutes until the next book.

4. Six of Crows & Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
I read both books this year, and both were just incredible.  So much love for these characters and this world too, and I hope that, one day, we may get another book featuring at least one of these characters or at least another book set in the Grishaverse.

5. Winter by Marissa Meyer
I actually read Fairest, Winter and Stars Above this year, and this is another series that is at the very top of my favourites list.  I'm contemplating an audio reread of the whole series since I love it that much.

6. Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Taylor is an auto-buy author and I've loved every one of her books thus far, but this one absolutely blew me away.  I loved the dual narrative and the ideas of fate and destiny.  Such a perfect book.

7. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
I've been putting off this series for YEARS but this year I dove in and gobbled up all 1,500+ pages in ONE MONTH.  And it was incredible.

8. The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney
This was an impulse buy at Chapters, and reminded me of the power of an adult fiction read.  I really do need more big kid books in my life.

9. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
Another incredible book that blew me away!

10. Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
This book was my first ever physical ARC, but was also a return to my love for Jodi's work.  Her last few books have been a bit meh for me, but this one was just as good as her earlier work.

11. How to Be Someone Else by Rachel Del
Another sweet contemporary that warmed my heart.

12. The Sculptor by Scott McCloud
I'm not really a graphic novel person, but this book was INCREDIBLE and I couldn't put it down!

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. You have such an incredible list! I keep seeing The Hating Game everywhere. I really need to pick it up. I also really want to read a book by Taylor Jenkins Reid next year. Crooked Kingdom was probably my favorite read of the year. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs