12/16/16

#Bookmas - Top 5 Classics Read in 2016

#Bookmas is a Christmas video/blog/Instagram challenge hosted by Hailey @ Hailey in Bookland.

As a former English student, I read my fill of classics during university and have steered clear of them in subsequent years.  I didn't read many classics this year, and only picked up two because they worked with my Around the Year in 52 Books challenge.  I read Anthem by Ayn Rand because it was a classic under 200 pages, and because I've had Atlas Shrugged sitting on my shelves for years because it's so intimidating.  Then, I also picked up The Little Prince because it was short and it was originally written in a language that's not English.

Joining the Around the Year in 52 Books challenge was good for pushing myself out of my reading comfort zone, because I honestly wouldn't have picked these books up otherwise.  I would like to challenge myself to read a classic or two again next year, simply because I have a few unread classics sitting on my shelves and enough time has passed since my university days -- I may be able to simply enjoy them without planning out my paper in my head as I read.

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs