12/18/16

#Bookmas - Top 7 Series Sequels/Finales in 2016

#Bookmas is a Christmas video/blog/Instagram challenge hosted by Hailey @ Hailey in Bookland.  Today's topic is the top seven series sequels/finales that I read in 2016.

1. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling
This book received a lot of mixed reviews this year, but I loved it.  Sure, it had a few issues and the play structure made it completely different from the rest of the series, but I just loved being back in the Harry Potter world for just a little bit longer, in whatever shape or form the book came in.

2. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
I liked A Court of Thorns and Roses when I read it last year, but didn't instantly fall in love with the series the same way I did with Throne of Glass.  BUT, re-reading the first book on audio reignited my interest in the series and then I absolutely fell in LOVE with the second book.

3. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
I savoured this book for almost an entire month because I was in the process of moving.  It was so wonderful and perfect and I love the characters in this series so, so, so much.

4. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
I read Clockwork Angel when it first came out, but put off reading Clockwork Prince for so long that I knew I'd have to reread the first book before I could finish off the series.  I loved this series so much that I read all 1,500+ pages in a single month.  While also (kind of) studying.

5. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
I read the last three books in this series (Fairest, Winter and Stars Above) this year and what an epic series.  So unique, and unlike anything else I've ever read.  I'm already contemplating if this will be my next series reread on audio.

6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
I'm close to finishing my re-read of the Harry Potter series on audio and, although I've read most of the books at least twice already in print, this is my very first time re-reading the final book.  I read it the day after release day.  In all honesty, I forgot a lot of the smaller details, so I've been discovering it anew.

I'm going to have to end the list at six books, because the other series books that I read weren't as awesome as the ones on this list.  I'm going to stick with six stellar sequels, rather than mixing it up with one less than stellar sequel.

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. Crooked Kingdom was such an incredible book! It will definitely be on my favorites of the year list.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs