1/2/17

17 Books to Read in 2017

I came up with the idea of 16 books to read in 2016 after watching several BookTubers' videos with the same title.  I didn't end up read all 16 books on my list, but I am proud of reading nine of them!  I've decided to try this again, so here are the 17 books that I plan to read in 2017...

1. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
This series wraps up this year, and I've had the first book sitting on my shelf for over a year.  

2. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
Reading this book scares the crap out of me because it's so loved, it's HUGE and it's fantasy.  2017 will be the year of pushing myself out of my comfort zone, and this book meets that criteria.

3. Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
I thought I would read this one right away, but I was in a bit of a reading slump for the latter part of 2016 simply because I had so much going on with two moves in four months.  BUT, I can't let Throne of Glass descend into one of those series that I just never got around to finishing, so I WILL continue on.

4. Heartless by Marissa Meyer
I'm currently reading this, but only a few chapters in, so it can still be included on this list.  Marissa Meyer can't sit on my shelves unread for too long.

5. Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
I would like to try reading all of the unread books on my 2016 list, in addition to these, but I didn't want to fill up my who list with all the books that I didn't get to last year.  Instead, I've chosen to just include this book because I feel like it just HAS to happen this year.  It just MUST.

6. Burn by Julianna Baggott
Per the above, this series will also get knocked off my TBR list this year.  For SURE.

7. The Midnight Star by Marie Lu
I read the first two books in this series towards the end of 2016, and I must pick up the final installment before I forget what's happening in the series!

8. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
I started reading this book with Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat a couple of years ago, but I got distracted with other things and never finished it.  I own all three books in the series, so I need to finish it and love it, and then binge the series, or finish it and unhaul the series.

9. Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
This is another book that I started, but never finished, due to my pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel and the fact that this book is HEAVY.  It's another book that scares me a little, but this will be the year.

10. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
My Secret Santa sent me this book this year, and I want to make an effort to read gifted books a little quicker.  She said that it's one of her favourite books too, so I can't wait to let her know what I think of the book.

11. Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E.K. Johnson
This book is on my list for the same reason as Station Eleven.  My secret sister sent this to me over the summer, and she loves the book and the author so much.  I can't wait to experience her writing.

12. The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey
This is the latest book sent to me by my current secret sister, and it was read and loved by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat.  I've had my eye on it since its release, and I have very high expectations!

13. Mistborn or The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
I'm not promising to read both, or even to finish one, but this year I'd like to try Brandon Sanderson's writing, and I have two of his books on my shelves.  This is the third book on my list that scares the crap out of me, but hey, let's do this thing!

14. A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
In conjunction with my resolution to clear off my e-book TBR, this is one that I have had my eye on for a while, and I think I'm going to love it.

15. The Gammage Cup by Carol Kendall
I re-read the entire Harry Potter series this year on audio, and stumbled across this book while I was unpacking last week.  I seem to recall a controversy a while ago where it seemed like J.K. Rowling had copied some elements from this book because they're very similar to Harry Potter, but I think it was proven to be untrue.  Anything that's described as being just like Harry Potter always piques my interest, but also makes me wary because nothing can be just like Harry Potter.  I haven't read much middle grade in recent years, so this will be a fun read too.

16. The Glass Arrow by Kristin Simmons
I pre-ordered this almost two years ago, and haven't read it.  I think I'm going to love it too, but I just need to read it already.

17. Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood
One of my bookstore co-workers recommended this to me shortly before I left the store, and I think she even described it as life-changing and her favourite book of all time.  High praise from a bookworm!  I haven't read any Atwood in a LONG time, and I have loved most of her books.

Have you read any of these books?  Which book should I start with?  Let me know in the comments below, and thank you for visiting my blog =)

POST SIGNATURE

3 comments:

  1. You have so many good books in your future list! The Graceling series is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm glad you read quite a few books off the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Midnight Star was on my TBR for last year and it just never got into my hands. I'm hoping to get to it ASAP!

    I hope you enjoy Graceling. It took me a little while to get into but it is such a great book. I really need to finish that series though...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs