1/1/17

... And Looking Forward to 2017!

I looked back at my reading resolutions from last year, and one of the things that I noticed was that it was hard to qualify whether or not I had succeeded at any of my resolutions because there wasn't any tangible proof.  I've purposely kept my resolutions vague for this very reason -- I can decide if I did a good job at reading the books from my own shelves, even without knowing whether or not my physical TBR pile shrunk and, if so, by how many volumes.  

But for this year, I'm opting to do something a little different.  I'm going to attach some tangible numbers to these resolutions, just to see how it works this year.  Shaking it up a little, ya know?   So, 2017, let's do this thing!

1. Reduce my physical TBR to less than 100 books.
When I counted up all of my unread books, I was sitting around 130.  I know that I've acquired a fair number of books this year, but I also feel like I've read more than I acquired, or at the very least I've broken even.  If that's the case (worst case scenario), I will have to read what I own, but also what I buy in order to achieve this goal.

2. Reduce my e-book TBR to less than 20 books.
I've bought SO MANY cheap e-books over the past year, but haven't read many of them!  So my e-book TBR is 30ish books.  It's nice to have that many e-books on hand for travelling, but I really need to read some as I buy.  So this year, I'd like to read a third of what I own.

3. Finish 10 series.
Last year, I picked out five old series and five newer series.  I did okay with that list, but part of the struggle was that most of my books were packed for the entirety of the year.  This year, I'm determined to make a dent in that series TBR, especially since I've decided to separate my read and unread books on my shelves -- it's the only way to reunite them!

4. Blog whenever hubby plays video games.
When we packed up the majority of our possessions in February, the video games were put away.  I used to get lots of blogging done while hubby gamed, since I find it hard to read with the flickering glow of the TV beside me.  We just unpacked his video games, and he's excited about getting into another game.  I want to make good use of this time to work on my blog, visit/comment on others' blogs and just be more present online.

5. Participate in three online events.
Last year, I participated in more than three, so this should be an easy resolution.  I thought of five, but I don't know how busy life will be in 2017, and thought I'd be better to aim for three events where I can give it my all, rather than scrambling to complete five.  I'm thinking, at the very least, the Broke & Bookish Secret Santa, a readathon and one other event.

How about you?  Did you have reading resolutions and, if so, did you complete them?  Let me know in the comments below, and Happy New Year!

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. My physical TBR grew alarmingly this year, especially considering I was on a book buying ban for the first 6 months! I've stopped caring about my ebook TBR though...I get most of those either free or on sale for $0.99-1.99, so I feel like those can be guilt-free. Less than a coffee in costs, and they're not taking up any space. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs