1/12/17

Winter TBR

Last year, I did monthly TBR lists.  I picked two books per month and actually completed almost all of my monthly TBR lists!  I've also participated in Top Ten Tuesdays when they've had their seasonal TBR lists but I rarely ever get through all ten books that I say I'll read.

So this year, I've decided to switch it up a little, and pick five books per season.  It's a little less commitment than two books per month, and a lot less commitment than ten books per season, but I do love making lists of books to read regardless.

Without any further ado, these are the five books that I plan to read over the coming months...

1. Heartless by Marissa Meyer
I'm currently reading this book, and loving it so far.  It's also one of the books on my list of 17 books to read in 2017 so I'm starting the year off strong.

2. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
This is also on my 2017 list, and the series wraps up soon so there's a lot of people reading and re-reading the series at the moment.  I want to read it while it's a big thing online, even though part of me is a little nervous for a repeat Raven Boys experience.  Low expectations, gotta keep those expectations low.

3. Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
This is my book club's January pick, and I'm hosting the meeting for the first time in my new home!  I LOVED The Secret Life of Bees when I read it a million years ago, and I can't wait to read another one of hers.  Also, it's an Oprah book -- I didn't realize that Oprah had brought her book club back!

4. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
Another book club pick -- I'm choosing this one of our next read, and it also happens to be one of the 17 books that I had planned to read this year.

5. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
I have a few e-galleys from Edelweiss that I need to get cracking on and this one is at the top of my oh-my-goodness-I-want-to-read-it-now list.  So I'm just gonna read it.

How about you?  What's on your TBR list this winter?  Have you read any of these books?  Let's chat in the comments below =)

POST SIGNATURE

3 comments:

  1. I'm curious to see what you think about Heartless. I've heard mixed things about it but I really loved the Lunar Chronicles so I still want to give it a shot.

    I really like this plan! I changed mine a bit this year too. I used to pull 4 items from my TBR jar a month and leave them on my list until I read them. This year, I opted to just pull 2 a month so I could feel a little less pressured each month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Heartless! I know a lot of people aren't too sure about it yet, but I thought it was really great. I want to read Station Eleven at some point as well; I hear it's a phenomenal book. The Hate U Give is also on my list, though I think it might be a library book for me because I don't buy YA much anymore. You'll definitely have to let me know when you read Heartless though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also desperate to read my e-galley of The Hate U Give but I'm forcing myself to wait til a little nearer the release so I can publish my review at a good time. I have such high hopes it's rediculous, but it's likely to be one of the most important YA books of this year so the pressure is a little justifiable. I hope it lives up to that!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs