3/16/17

ATSOReadathon -- Halfway Point!

It's hard to believe that we're already halfway through March, and halfway through the All the Short Ones Readathon, hosted by the lovely Jessica @ Novel Cravings.  I thought I'd take a moment to share the books that I've already read this month...

1. The Mothers by Brit Bennett
I honestly didn't know what this book was about, but as a mother I thought I'd like it.  It was a heartwarming, incredibly unique story and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it.

2. Girl Coming in a for a Landing by April Halprin Wayland
This was cute, but a bit too cute for my tastes.  It's a middle grade collection of poetry and was a quick, easy read.

3. The Tiger Rising by Kate diCamillo
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Kate's books.  While this one wasn't as amazing as The Tale of Despereaux or The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane (two of my favourite books of ALL TIME), it was still a beautiful middle grade story.

4. Freak the Mighty by Rodman Philbrick
I loved the movie when I watched it years ago, and have had the book collecting dust on my shelves for years.  It was great, and I enjoyed it, even if it didn't tug on my hearstrings the same way the movie did.

5. A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall
This is the only genuine disappointment of the readathon so far.  The structure of this book was AWESOME -- told from nine (I think?) different perspectives, including a squirrel and a bench.  But I just couldn't get past the fact that everyone in the story only thought or talked about whether the two main characters (whose perspectives we do not see) are going to get together.

6. Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
This book slowed me down a little, as it's short but the content was a little heavier than the previous few books.  It was really different than I had expected (honestly, I wasn't too sure what to expect!) and I really, really enjoyed it.  Definitely glad that this readathon is motivating me to pick up books that I otherwise would have continued putting off!


POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. I listened to 24 bookstore on audiobook a couple years ago and was not impressed. You are doing great during this readathon and it is great to get to books you otherwise would have put off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachael! It was definitely a book unlike anything else I've ever read, and I can see how it wouldn't be for everyone :)

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs