4/28/17

April Wrap-up!


I start to feel like a bit of a broken record ... but seriously, how is April over already?

The Books

Books Read: 6 (A Gathering of Shadows, A Conjuring of Light, The Glass Arrow, The Bane Chronicles, Throne of Glass and The Midnight Star)
This seems like a much smaller number than last month; however, I participated in Tome Topple, and two of these books were over 500 pages, so I'm pretty proud of myself.  At the time of writing and scheduling this post, I'm not quite finished The Midnight Star, but I'm 99% sure that I'll have it done by the 30th.

Books Acquired: 8 (The Anne of Green Gables series)
I've been craving a re-read of this series for a while now.  I read the first few when I was younger, but never continued all the way through the series.  If not this year, then I will definitely make this a new year's resolution for next year.

The Challenges

Prequel & Sequel Challenge: +28 (finished two series!)
TBR Challenge: +3 (The Bane Chronicles, The Glass Arrow and The Midnight Star)
Flights of Fantasy: +5 (all except The Glass Arrow, it was a good fantasy month!)

The Blog

Another quiet month on the blog -- just a few reviews shared, and my Tome Topple post.  I think I've been in a bit of  a blogging slump, and lacking focus with what I want to write on here.  I'm going to do some deep thinking in May and see what comes next.

 The Other Stuff

I started my new job on April 3rd and I am loving it so far.  In previous jobs, I've always been tossed into the workload, and just learned as I went along.  This company had a very formal training program set out for me, with lots of time to read and learn and explore before starting with my real work.  It was a refreshing change to be able to take the time to learn, but I'm also super excited to start doing my actual job.  My team members are all really nice and welcoming, and I am incredibly grateful that this change has worked out so well.

Our bathroom renos finally wrapped up on the Easter long weekend, and we've spent a ton of time cleaning and organizing and getting the house put back together.  And, of course, a couple more trips to Ikea for a few more things.  Finally, I think we're almost done with purchases and renos (with the exception of a reading armchair for me).  And just in time as it appears that the warmer spring weather is approaching!  We've been to a few local parks and explored some trails, and I cannot wait to spend more time outdoors this summer.  Here's a photo of Cliff Falls, a beautiful waterfall that we just stumbled across a couple of weeks ago.


How about you?  How was your April?  Let me know if you've read something amazing so far this year!  Thank you for stopping by =)

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs