6/28/17

Reading Resolutions - Halfway Point

I like looking back at my resolutions halfway through the year to see where I'm at ... I'm doing well, but still a ways to go.  Let's break it down...

1. Reduce my physical TBR to less than 100 books.
Although I didn't have a specific number at the beginning of the year, I guesstimated that I had approximately 130 unread books on my shelves.  Today, I have 122 books.  I have been reading most books from my shelves, but there were also a lot of new releases to buy this year (plus others that have wandered onto my shelves).  The remainder of the year doesn't have as many new releases, so this challenge still feels achievable.

2. Reduce my e-book TBR to less than 20 books.
I've been really good about not buying too many cheap e-books this year, and knocked off quite a few short reads in March, but I'm still sitting at 27 books.  I usually pack one book and my Kobo when we head to Alberta in the summer, so hopefully I'll gobble up a few e-books under the prairie skies.

3. Finish 10 series.
I've finished two of the 10 series that were on my original list, but I also binge read the entire Darker Shade of Magic trilogy, so I'm counting that one as well.  Still a ways to go on this challenge, but I'm hoping to focus on series over the summer.

4. Blog whenever hubby plays video games.
Well, hubby promptly stopped gaming after I posted my new year's resolutions!  There has been a LOT of hockey on this year, as my husband's beloved Oilers made the playoffs this year.  I've been popping in my earbuds and listening to Peaceful Piano on Spotify, and have been doing well at tuning out the hockey and getting some reading done.  I've also taken a couple of non-intentional breaks from blogging -- I think I was burning out a little with blogging.  I'm coming up on six years in November and, although I do still love my little corner of the internet, I've been having a blogging identity crisis.  Hopefully, I'll have a post soon detailing exactly what that is and what it entails, but I haven't quite decided just yet.

5. Participate in three online events.
This is a success already!  I participated in the Love-a-Thon, the All the Short Ones readathon and the third round of Tome Topple.  YAHOO!  In the remainder of the year, there will hopefully be a second round of Tome Topple and my favourite event of all, the Broke & Bookish Secret Santa.

Did you making reading resolutions and, if so, are you on track with your goals?  Let me know in the comments below, and thank you for stopping by =)

POST SIGNATURE

4 comments:

  1. I gotta re-evaluate my reading goals for the year! I feel like they've really slipped since I started my new job back in March. Hopefully, I can get back on track for the summer.

    Reducing my TBR is the big goal. I have to do another purge on my Goodreads account to bring my TBR down--there are books I added years ago that I probably don't want to read now. But I feel like I've made great progress on my eBook TBR. Even if I'm not finishing every book (I've DNF'd a lot of books I bought years ago for super cheap), I'm still making a dent in my library totals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow -- you've done a great job with your ebook TBR! I've had a really good year in terms of reading books that I've loved (I've only DNFed two so far), but I know that I have a lot of duds on my shelves too, books that I just won't be interested in anymore. I need to pick up the odd one, just to give it a shot, and then unhaul it, but I have a tendency to shy away from those, simply because I've read so many great books this year and I don't want any disappointing books to taint that experience!

      Delete
  2. I'm trying to reduce my TBR this year as well. It's not going *too* badly. I'm probably down by about 15 books. But the new releases drew me in back in June and my ebook TBR skyrocketed. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, this is my problem too! I need to just stop looking at cheap e-book deals =P

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs