9/1/17

September TBR Pile of Doom

I'm only doing seasonal TBR piles this year, so this TBR post is a bit tongue in cheek.  I'm kind of laughing at myself this month, because I have no idea if I'll be able to read all of the things that I've planned to read ... but I'll be seriously impressed with myself if I actually plan to do it!

So, basically, I made myself a monthly plan for books that I will need to read each month if I want to finish my list of 17 books to read in 2017 as well as all ten series that I had planned to read this year.  According to that plan, I have to read five books this month:
1. Empire of Storms
2. Mistborn
3. Flyte
4. Physik
5. Queste

I'm reading Empire of Storms on audio at the moment, and I'm planning to break up Mistborn into 21 pages per day, similar to what I did with Shantaram, and I expect that the book will take me all month to finish.  Flyte, Physik and Queste are the next three books in the Magyk series, a middle grade fantasy series that I started last year and had planned to finish this year.

Then, I realized that I have four ARCs that have early October publication dates, which means I need to read and review them this month.  Fortunately, I finished one at the end of August, but that leaves three more books to read this month.

Eight is a manageable total for me for the month.  And that would have been fine, except...

I started Falling Kingdoms while I was in Alberta and I want to finish that one as well.

I saw a read along group thing on Instagram, and jumped on board that ship.  They're reading Lilac Girls this month, a book I'd never heard of, but I decided to borrow it on audio from the library.  I have a data entry project at work this week, so I can probably breeze through at least half of it while I'm working.

I read The Girl at Midnight a few months ago and put the next two books on hold at the library.  The third book just came in, but I'm still waiting on the second one.  If the second one comes in before the third book is due back, I may blast through both of those books.

I'm starting school on September 18th.

And, finally, I'm still thinking about This Savage Song, and really craving the sequel.  I put it on hold at the library, but I may cave and buy it.

Which is a grand total of 13 books.  Still kind of doable -- but seriously, what I am thinking?  Does anyone else's TBR pile doomed like mine?

POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. Having a little laugh over here. Not at you but because this is me too! I think of four books I want to read, then remember my arcs, then I get 3 books from Overdrive that I've been waiting for all at the same time, and three days later the library calls and says hey you know that book you requested four months ago? Its in and were open till 5. LMAO
    I could not do thirteen books. Four physical (1600 pages roughly) and four audio is about my limit, the only thing I can fit in on top of that is some graphic novels.
    But I will be cheering you on and check in on you during the month. Goodluck and I hope you love Mistborn!
    P.S. Go buy Our Dark Duet. Or listen to it on Overdrive THE NARRARTOR IS SO GOOD!! I do not care if I have been a bad influence, you need to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting to go into challenge mode to. I know I need to read certain books to finish my reading challenges by the end of the year especially my owned books challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs